- We recapped re the API.
- Basically try to derive it yourself.
- Next divide which ones are write vs read related.
- Note that the read related contain a watch.
- Note that the write related contain a version.
guarantees or promises
- Next we guessed what are zookeeper promises
- Why have these two promises
- Why A-linearizable?
async vs sync
- what part of the writing is async?
- example is large configuration file
- what does it mean to be pipelined and issued asynchronously
- when a client issues a change, when does the system respond back with an
- typical exists(‘ready’, () -> get(‘conf’..)) should work
- back channel communication can cause process to get(‘conf’) prematurely (i.e.
before it is ready).
- for these cases client can issue a sync
- what happens on a sync?
- maybe enough to bring local server up to commit index